Thursday, January 7, 2010

I Have a Cookie Recipe that Requires Bread Flour but I only have All Purpose?

Will it be ok?. Or can I add something to the flour?I Have a Cookie Recipe that Requires Bread Flour but I only have All Purpose?
Flour is milled very very fine - Cake flour


fine - All purpose flour


and Bread flour





It is just as well to use regular all purpose flour in the cookies as it is to race to the store and buy a bag of bread flour you may never use before it gets weevils in it.





I use All purpose even when recipes specify Cake flour. Things turn out ok anyway.I Have a Cookie Recipe that Requires Bread Flour but I only have All Purpose?
If you're making a cookie that's supposed to be chewy, bread flour is definitely the way to go. Of course, all purpose will do in a pinch if that's all you have.





I never get weevils in my flour, but a bag of flour only lasts 4 weeks in my house.
It will be fine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment